The new Livescribe "Black Edition" Livescribe 3 is the perfect bridge between your analogue handwritten notes and your mobile digital device!
Please take note of the prerequisites, listed below, for the Livescribe 3. It can be used only with recent versions of iOS and Android, and your device must support with Bluetooth 4 (also called Bluetooth LE or Smart).
Turn Your Words Into Action With the Livescribe 3 smartpen and the Livescribe+ mobile app (available on Apple and Play Stores), simply write on paper and watch it instantly appear on your tablet or smartphone. Your notes become infinitely more useful when they are tagged, organized, searchable, or even converted to text. Easily add recorded audio that's synced with your handwriting so you can relive important moments. Quickly share notes and ideas with friends, colleagues, and peers – all with just a few quick taps of your finger.
- Features a sleek, matte-black finish complemented by a glass-reinforced clip and a smooth writing experience that feels luxurious and effortless
- Connects to your iOS and Android devices via Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) to sync everything you write or draw to the free Livescribe+ app
- The quickest, simplest way to bring valuable information from paper onto your tablet and smartphone, where it becomes more useful
- Uses your smartphone or tablet’s microphone to record audio that’s synchronized to everything you write on paper
- Once your notes are in the Livescribe+ mobile app, you can organize, tag, play back audio and send/share notes to any of the devices you use
- Search your handwritten notes and convert what you write into digital text with amazing accuracy
- Built-in memory on the smartpen captures and stores your notes, allowing you to sync to up to 4 iOS and Android devices
How It Works
The Livescribe 3 smartpen is designed with the meticulous attention to detail
that a premium writing instrument deserves. From the integrated stylus cap,
down to the Swiss-made tungsten-carbide ballpoint ink cartridge, we've paid
close attention to deliver an experience that is worthy of the title of your
new favorite pen. But it is the amazing amount of technology packed inside the
Livescribe 3 that really delivers the magic. Once you twist the ring to extend the ink cartridge, everything you
write is captured by the infrared camera on the pen and stored on the
smartpen’s built-in memory. Simply connect your smartpen to your iOS or Android
device and watch as all your notes are synced to the Livescribe+ mobile app.
How to set up your Livescribe 3 smartpen
• Livescribe 3 Black Edition smartpen
• 5” x 8” Top-Bound Notepad (50 page)
• Livescribe+ mobile app (iOS and/or Android)
• Ink cartridge
• Smartpen stylus cap
• Basics Guide
• Micro-USB cable (for charging)
Livescribe+ mobile app for Android and iOS
Available on iOS and Android, Livescribe+ is the companion to the Livescribe 3 smartpen that’s designed to quickly make your notes more useful. Livescribe+ makes it easy to integrate your notes with the rest of your mobile life:
• Create contacts, appointments and more from your handwritten notes
• Find what you need quickly with incredibly accurate handwriting search
• Convert your handwritten notes to text and use them in any doc or app
• Use easy sharing options to send notes to a variety of apps and services
• Record audio that synced to your handwriting
If you use Livescribe+ on more than one device, the built-in memory on your Livescribe 3 smartpen allows you to sync your notes seamlessly. Any Livescribe 3 can be paired with up to four different iOS or Android smartphones or tablets.
Pencasts help you never miss a word
Using the microphones on your tablet or smartphone, create pencasts that record and synchronize audio to everything you write or sketch. Play back your pencasts to hear, see and relive notes as if you were back in your meeting or lecture so that you will never lose any important information.
Share your pencasts as PDF files, which can be easily played back on any of the devices you use every day, including Mac, Windows, Android or iOS.
New Streamlined Design
The very definition of form and
function, the Livescribe 3 smartpen marries elegant design with simple
functionality. From the integrated stylus cap down to the Swiss-made
tungsten-carbide ink cartridge, the Livescribe 3 delivers the experience
of a premium writing instrument and so much more.
The Livescribe 3 smartpen no
longer records and stores audio. Instead, Livescribe+ uses the companion
device’s built-in mics to create pencasts that sync recorded audio to
everything you write and draw.
Bluetooth Smart –Longer Battery Life, Quicker Pairing
Livescribe 3 smartpen uses Bluetooth Smart
technology to pair with compatible mobile devices to deliver more than 14 hours
of continuous use between charges. Pairing is also much easier – just turn on
the Livescribe 3 and accept the pairing request on your mobile device with a
single tap. After that, your smartpen will pair automatically each time you
launch the app.
The Livescribe 3 can pair and sync to up to four devices, switching seamlessly between iOS and Android.
Synchronize your notes to your smartphone,
tablet and other devices so you have them when and where you need them.
Livescribe smartpens only work with Livescribe dot paper. All Livescribe
dot paper is printed with a unique pattern of tiny microdots that work with the
infrared camera in the Livescribe 3 smartpen to allow it to capture the exact
location of everything you write or draw.
Controls and tags that are printed on Livescribe notebooks help
the smartpen communicate with the Livescribe+ mobile app.
You can choose from a variety of paper types, bindings, and
sizes at competitive prices: blank, lined, or grid paper in spiral-bound
notebooks, hardbound journals, notepads, and even sticky notes.
In order for audio to be recorded on a Livescribe 3 smartpen,
your mobile device (iPad/iPhone/Android) must be turned on
and paired via Bluetooth, and the Livescribe+ app must be active.
Unlike the Echo smartpen, the Livescribe 3 smartpen does not have its
own microphone or speaker. The microphone and speaker
in the mobile device are employed to record/play audio within
the Livescribe+ app.
Handwritting data with no audio from the Livescribe 3 smartpen can captured
and stored even when the mobile device is not present.
The smartpen can be synched with up to four mobile devices.
Audio will always reside on the mobile device used to capture that recording.